Tuesday 13 October 2015

Battle reports pt 1


The first of my two games with Joey was a straighforward punch up: My Normans were off marauding round Middle Earth, writing bad fanfic and generally making a nuisance of themselves and the elves decided to try to restore some semblance of order.


Legolas leads the hosts of Mirkwood


We laid down the mat, chose a force of twenty warriors (horses count as two) and two heroes (legolas counts as two) and set at it. 
Raiding party!
My plan was to more or less rush Joey's bowline and hope that enough knights made it through to swing the close combat.


Notice the lovely cottage for 4ground in the top-right there
Joey carefully lined his forces, covering his flank with the hedgerow.


With hindsight, I didn't really make use of the space available

"Hopefully we can avoid dying in a hail of arrows this time..." 

A few rounds of elven shooting took out the knights, who I probably should have screened with infantry, and the rest of the game turned out fairly predictably. 

Or not.

Only the Bishop makes it to the Elven battle-line

My forces are once again horribly outnumbered...

The archers really did well in this game

Another crushing defeat...

I decide that if I can move a model off the table I can scrape some honour back after the humiliation


Nope.

I'm sorry this is a short update, but the game was rather one-sided due to my total lack of tactical acumen. For a more nuanced engagement, please see my next instalment, when Joey and I play Kings of War again.


No comments:

Post a Comment