Friday 8 June 2018

Pre-Havoc Blogging


European Data Thingy preamble: Blogger and Google are using analytics, cookies and other data to spy on your house and plan the kidnapping of your dog. I do not personally store any of your personal information. I hope this message is legally watertight.

These are amongst the first models I ever owned, finally given them a proper paintjob.


This post was planned to go up before the tournament report, but it hasn't.



There's been quite a bit of hobby progress over the last few weeks, but also a lot of work, so posting has been off. As you can see, I finished off the Saurus Warriors.They have been based and sprayed now, so photos of my 'jungle basing' to follow.

My handywork on the shield. I think it's turned out pretty well, although a green face on a bronze shield isn't the most clear of colour contrasts.

A lot of Lizardmen I've seen have been painted in blue. I wanted to go for more lizard-like colours on the skin, but I went with blue loincloths as a nod to this. I also went with bronze weapons and tried to paint the wood to resemble ebony or other tropical hardwoods. It could do with being more black TBH.

Still got some Normans on the plastic pile. I'm getting better at doing the shields.

Things have been happening on the game front, I recently tried out 'Chain of Command' (the challenging but fun platoon level rules that are even better than sausages) with a motley selection of my Uncle's old airfix figures, my old airfix figures and some new metals to fill in the gaps. The pile grows. Battle report to follow.

 
Some 6 mm modern Russians from eBay, which will be used for BattleTech

Oh yeah, I got a bunch of tanks and a few infantry to provide support for my BattleMechs. The tanks are painted and based. Pics to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment