Sunday 8 July 2018

Biege for the Biege God!


Today's blog post is brought to you by Bad Squiddo Games, purveyors of fine teas and witticisms. Oh yeah, the models aren't bad either.


Recently ordered some dry-looking tufts to adorn my Western Desert bases.








I've made a start painting the old Airfix models into Chain of Command platoons. My methodology is to paint alternating sections of the British and German core platoons, then move onto the support, like tripod-mounted machine guns, engineer teams and so on.

First Afrika Korps squad (,,Gruppe'' in German, I believe) composed of two(!) machine-gun teams and corporal.

Chain of Command squads are arranged into two teams (unless you're Russian) and distinguishing between the two is crucial. As well as differences in posture, I've also had the brilliant idea of putting different numbers of tufts on bases which should make it obvious at a glance how many more hits the Bren team can take before Something Bad Happens.

Western Desert Force/8th Army section, with bren team (prone) and rifle team (crouching/standing).

I also have a few miscellaneous extras for the Brits, in the form of the essential 2" mortar and a pistol-waving officer type who will probably come into his own when I paint up some of the support options I have waiting in the wings...

The all-important 2" mortar team and officer type. I'll be using a later, cap wearing, figure for the platoon Lieutenant, so this chap will wind up commanding an anti-tank gun or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment