Thursday 21 February 2019

Werewolves of London


I've not got a full army photo yet as I spent this evening wrestling my 40mm x 40mm based figures into my new carrying case inserts. I absolutely refuse to attempt that feat again without good reason so you'll have to wait until after this weekend's tournament.

Mierce Miniatures werewolves. Gorgeous models, but at £15 apiece only for special occasions.




 As I mentioned earlier, I've written a mostly new army list for the upcoming Four Foot Snake tournament, which has required new models. I was a little concerned I wouldn't get them all finished in time, but a non-existent social life and putting the hours in regularly has paid for itself with lots of finished models.

Wargames Foundry Greek light infantry with provided wire spears (nice). I'm especially fond of the chap throwing a rock.

 In addition to the skirmishers, werewolves and giant featured here, I've also finished the Celts (40 plastics from Warlord plus women plus Foundry character pack).

1st Corps peltasts (listed as 'helots'). £8 for 8 figures, nice simple models with no extraneous detail.
 As I may have mentioned, the gimmick for the tournament is that we all get a free monster. Conveniently I bought a giant while drunk during Clash of Kings last year. The monsters are supposed to be themed around the tournament organisers, so many other attendees have gone to great lengths to craft beautiful effigies in their image, even if I haven't. I've often thought my army could do with a 'tin opener' (a unit to deal with very heavily armoured targets like steam tanks and stone golems) and giant fits the bill.Thanks FFS!


Reaper Bones Fire Giant Queen.
 I'll try to get plenty of pics at the tournament, but what with needing my phone as a chess clock and the general excitement of wargaming, I don't want to get our hopes up. Until next time folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment