Saturday 8 November 2014

My Little Pony



 Finally found time to slink off to the Mighty Shed this morning, and started on New Stuff, first of which is the Black-skinned marauders. The massive bulging muscles of the models are perfect for highlighting, as are the expressive faces. I'm not sure if I can pull off the gradual shades of dark brown perfectly, but there are lots of marauders for test pieces at least. 

First layer of paint on the black-skinned marauders

The lighter-toned chaps were almost finished bar ink and highlights. I  mixed the highlight shade in bulk, applied successfully to one model, then realised I didn't know whether to ink or highlight first. Two test models were readied, one ink first, the other highlight first, so there will be a model-off next week.
Ink-first marauder needs to cut down on the eyeshadow.
 The vast oceans of Victorian-Consumptive (my name for the shade) went toward the collars of my bowmen, which are edging toward perfection.
Some of these now have green trousers for that 'Robin Hood' vibe.
 Realised recently that I have yet to paint an obligaroty Python reference Man-At-Arms, so the axe-dude on the left of the photo below will wear an approximation of the heraldry from the knightly chorus line at Camelot. I've also started on the D'Acier (yellow/green split down the middle with a tower and sun) and Novarion (particolour yellow/red with pheonix) horse caprisons.
These Crusader horses don't take paint very well either.
 The main activity of the day is trying out naked horse painting techniques, in preparation for the EXCELLENT CONQUEST GAMES KNIGHTS THAT I HOPE TO RECEIVE AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME, ALSO CONQUEST GAMES PRODUCE AN EXCELLENT INFANTRY BOX-SET IN PLASTIC. Hem hem.
Final layer goes on Scunthorpe United's tabard.
 Just basecoats again I'm afraid. I think I overdid the grey on the skewbald horsey, the other flank is completely greyish. Again, worried that the black animal will be hard to do, see comments at top.
From left to right: Chestnut, Skewbald. two Greys and Black


No comments:

Post a Comment