Sunday 8 February 2015

Ups and Browns


I'm sitting on about three posts worth of updates at present, so time to start clearing the backlog.

First off, I have decided to break my painting down, by painting enough models for a saga warband, then enough for a small game of warhammer, etc.etc. I have also discovered a nearby-ish wargaming club which I shall poke my nose in when time and painted figures allow.

Crusader horsies looking lovely.

The good news has been the acceptable standards of my knights, Norman and otherwise, and their gallant steeds. Empire-larp inspired colour schemes are going nicely (see above) but I'm worried about what will happen when I try to draw a silver Chimera on the blue chap.

This model has the creases light yellow, and the raised areas dark yellow and will be repainted.

Less successful are the foot soldiers. The attempts at yellow tunics are foiled by my brown undercoat (to make them look duller than the knight's bright colours) showing through the thin yellow, especially in highlightable areas. Back to the drawing board, I'll take a toothbrush and  soapy water to them.

The Bretonnians approach completion.
By contrast, the bretonnians aregoing fine! done the flesh now, and ignoring the trousers seems to make them go away.

Skewbald horse still looks rubbish

Next update should cover the battles I've had with JoeySpike, (spoilers: I lost) in excruciating detail. Modelling plans feature assembling more slings to augment the eight bowmen you get in a wargames factory Saxons box. Next purchase (if I find the money) is more bases, wire spears, and Crusader minis Norman horse characters, which includes a standing horse which I shall use to make a diorama of William I giving a pre battle speech.

100% plastic army still possible, even if the missile troops are phoning it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment