Sunday 20 December 2015

What I haven't been painting this year


I've been lured by the cold war for a while, largely drawn by the draw of CoD-style ultra-macho modern warfare stuff, except against an enemy who could well have clobbered the west in a straight up fight.

S & S models are generally good, but the tracks were a pain to fit. That's the downside of resin I suppose.


Using the excuse of a friend's 21st birthday, I got him a scale model of the tank* he will use at the tank paintball (it's a thing) he also got, and used that as an excuse to get an FV 432 to accompany my collection of 1980's armour into battle.

Size comparison shot: it's small than a chieftain.

I can recommend S & S models for their excellent customer service. Not only is postage included, but they shipped it first class as I ordered everything at the last minute! Wonderful!

I should probably indicate how these models scale against people-size things, but I didn't

Of course, Having assembled it I suddenly lost all desire to paint stuff. Ho hum. Will hopefully post more updates today, but you know by now that statement is as empty as Donald Trump's head (satire).

I finally managed to base my first equine casualty. Don't worry kids: it's just trying to eat a gobstopper at grass level.

*Five minutes of research on wikipedia led to the conclusion that he'll be using a FV432 with Fox turret.

No comments:

Post a Comment