Sunday 11 February 2018

Christmas Comes Late




Met the lovely family for the first time since Christmas. I had a lovely catch up and so on, but more importantly I picked up the parcels I've been waiting for for weeks!

Gunny Peegs [sic] by Bad Squiddo games, with 28mm 'human' for scale purposes.



So yes, I have finally got my hands on the Ghosts of Gaia II kickstarter, as well as those BattleMechs I mentioned in the last post. Loot pics to follow.

Peeg heavy support (left) and fast attack (right)
The guinea pigs and bunnies were smaller than I was expecting, which was a little disappointing, but it does make them cuter.

'Capycannon' with two 'suspicious ghosts'/mimics.
The human-sized elements were the size I expected, and include two piles of furry critters in trenchcoats impersonating humans. It's this sort of ridiculous cuteness that inspired me to pledge in the first place.
  
Bunny heavy support (left) and fast attack (right).
We're still waiting on the promised rules for covering rodent vs. lagomorph battles. As well as these, I think the little critters will be well suited as alien OPFOR for my old Imperial Guard and Space Marines, possibly using the 'Stargrunt' rules freely available from Ground Zero Games.

Gunny rabbits and their 'mimic' for scale. Those hopping poses are adorable.

Oh yeah, I got some of the human figures too. Well sculpted but not quite as unique.

A heavy weapons team, consisting of weapons operator (left), loader (centre) and spotter (right).

The BattleMechs were from eBay, and seem to have been assembled by a 14-year old in the early 90's, which I can't really hold against them. I will, however, be trying to prise them apart as the Griffin's rocket launcher is a bit limp, the Crab is holding its arms far too close to its chest and the Goliath has its upper hull and turret pointing backwards.

Crab (left) and Goliath (right), both of which are 'new' for me.

So today I've been googling how to un-superglue miniatures, and have decided on a combination of freezer (which supposedly makes the glue brittle) and nail polish remover, which I was going to use to strip them anyway. I'll keep you all posted.

Griffin (left), Stinger (centre) and Wolverine (right), all of which I have duplicates of. Nice models though.



No comments:

Post a Comment