Tuesday 21 October 2014

Battle reports and rumours of battle reports

Today's title comes from the outing my Chaps and Chapettes are getting at the weekend with a Lord of the Rings strategy battle game loving pal of mine. I shall post the edited highlights with totally unbiased commentary tomorrow, or Friday, or whenever.
Artsy shot showing nice side skirts and that awful box.

 Have finished and undercoated the tank, it now awaits a WW1 Battleship Dazzle camouflage scheme. Fie on historical accuracy!
I've got to start using the zoom function on my camera.
 Other painting progresses well. Brown ink works wonders on wood, skin tones look passable, chain mail is drybrushed and highlighting is applied to surcoats. Knights are so much more fun to paint than cloth-covered footsoldiers.
Guillaume à droite has his first layer of Black and Gold 
 My next big painting project is my marauder horsemen, who have naked ponies, which will be good practice for the Conquest Games Norman knights I shall attempt to persuade my parents to buy me for Christmas. The command sprue even has a club for modelling Bishop Odo!
Amusingly posed knights on pair of scissors
 My three sword armed knights posing like theme park guests on a log flue above will be painted in livery nicked from a few of the groups I was in/near at Empire, a fantasy LARP where I recently died from an overdose of orc.
Competition time: Spot the odd one out.
 I've also decided to cover over those trolls that have been sitting around in a badly-painted fashion. Hence the meme in the video.
Hozgok the Red never had quite as much success after he left the Beatles.
My chaos warriors of long ago (must post pics to demonstrate) featured red and brass armour. I am trying to create this anew with layering and gloss varnish, yet more things to buy, including brass-colour paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment