Saturday 11 October 2014

(Dawning of) A New Era

New lot of knights all made from lead alloy; only plastic alternatives from Fireforge Games are a bit too big in the flappy cloaks department; have decided to change my era of interest to the Normans and those pretty Conquest Games plastic knights.

Crusader minis knights review: Humans in armour are good, but horses far too spindly and undernourished.

Am very pleased with the simplicity of painting chain mail and that my method of painting wood (drybrush on increasingly lighter shades of brown until bored) have held up well. Unlike the tracks on my chieftain tank which drive me to murderous rage.

This was the only way I could get them on.
 Other than that, not much to report. Plan to paint the trousers colours other than off-white as it's impossible to distinguish from flesh or gambesons. 

Flags not included, but model quality is good

You can't get the wood you know

Models without large areas of cloth are SO easy to paint!
 I don't plan on making all my soldiers white, I found a guide to painting black people on the internet, which called for a rather alarming amount of ink. First priority is to experiment in this area. 

Blue tunic chappy awaits some burgundy to complete the scunthorpe kit.

Gambeson Dude post brown ink. It's a bit too brown for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment