Sunday 7 April 2019

Unusually Timely Update



Some of you on social media will already have seen the new tank, unless I've been buried in the algorithms.

Another example of my unusual vehicle marking conventions: British white-red-white vertical stripes square converted into trans pride flag.




If you've seen my previous tank upload, you will no doubt be aware that I play fast and loose with WWII vehicle markings. I'm continuing with my use of Girls und Panzer school logos with the Vickers mk VI too, although my anglocentric bias inspired me to base these vaguely in reality.


The turret was too small for a full St. Gloriana's Academy badge, but I captured the essential element (teapot).

The colour scheme is the memorable (and very aesthetically pleasing) caunter camouflage. I actually put quite a bit of effort into getting the colours right, with reference to available internet sources and everything. Although, being red-green colourblind I'm still not sure if it's worked.

Tank name (in usual place and format) derived from Donkey Kong 64, played by Online Gamer HBomberguy (no relation) in a wildly successful charity stream to raise money for trans childrens' charity Mermaids. Also note the facsimile road wheels painted on the flat inside of the resin track pieces. A marvellous piece of trompe l'oiel.

As promised last blog, I present the now finished and based Afrika Korps support, including the vital surrendering chaps.

Left to right: 5cm mortar team, 8cm mortar observer, and sniper in front of surrendering types.


I missed out the 3" mortar observer from the last batch, so here he is next to the bren team from the supernumary reserve section for my main platoon.

As part of my ongoing self-medication through plastic crack, I found a plastic soldier company sprue on ebay with a woman on it. I've painted her as a medic, but given that soviet machine gun magazines were stored in satchels too, she could fit in a machine gun without further conversion.


Nice model, fits in with my current ones, painted up easily. Due to lack of equivalent British figures, she'll be filling in as medical orderly for the Crete gaming this month.




No comments:

Post a Comment