Monday 6 August 2018

StuG Life




Markings are entirely fictitious to remind people that wargaming isn't real.
I didn't chose the StuG life etc. etc.


Today I will be shamelessly plugging Armourfast, another miniature company with a self-explanatory name. The single best feature of their models is that the track and road wheel assemblies are all one-piece, thus avoiding the infuriation of trying to glue the airfix fiddly-track-bits (or worse, the dreaded flexible-all-in-one-track that never stays in place) and is a victory for modellers of a nervous disposition.

These markings are taken from Girls und Panzer, a well-known tank themed anime.

 It was also my birthday recently, and friends got me some models from a model shop in Wolverhampton previously unknown to me. This will require a careful and well-funded reconnaissance expedition when I'm next back in the old country.
As well as a couple of T-34/76s I also received a 122mm gun from Zvezda which is waiting to be assembled. Pics to follow!

Birthday present T-34/76 tanks. I would have shown you the sprues to demonstrate the beauty of the armourfast all-in-one track piece, but I got carried away and assembled them too quickly.

 I would like at this juncture to comment on the differences in size between H0/00 (1/86) used by Airfix in the 60's and 1/72, used by Airfix now. In the pic below, you will see two shermans, one is H0/00 from my Uncle's collection, and the other is 1/72 from mine. There is a noticeable difference in size (also visible in the infantry I've posted previously) and this is something I will have to live with because I'm too cheap to buy more tanks.


Line up of current tanks. The shermans are still works in progress. Note scale difference between H0/00 and 1/72.

I'm making slow progress on the BattleTech, including buying the Worst Assault Mech In The Game (tm) on ebay. More on this next time...

Oh yeah I still have plenty of 'Mechs left to paint. The plastic pile runneth over.





No comments:

Post a Comment