Monday 29 September 2014

Rex Thorum Sum


The title of today's post is the approximate translation of "I am the king of the divan" into latin.

Men at arms are progressing: I was sceptical about the metal paints at first,
 but they look alright now they've dried.

 Had a look at various medieval minatures and lead health and safety precautions on the internet. Almost packed the 13th century in for the beautiful plastic normans Conquest Games make, but decided to hold firm, as then I can create a divan-crest for Duc Bertrand's helm. There is only one source of lead-free knights (foot and horse) I could find, but if I'm careful and don't saw/file anything again I should be able to beef out their ranks with a few one-offs. 

Cheeky bum shot of the tank, progressing well despite tiny, fiddly, easily lost parts. Argh.

Bought some models from Crusader Minatures, including a standard bearing chappy (banner/pole not included), large numbers of bases and knights. I can't remember if the knights were riding osses or not, but I'm not going to find out before they arrive: I like surprises.

Not sure if I want to use an ink wash on Gambeson Dude's gambeson. Post comments!

Painting continues slowly but surely. I've finished the purple on the archers and done lots of chainmail drybrushing, which means some of the men at arms are pretty much done. Chainmail is the easiest thing by far to do: dull metal then a fine coat of shiny metal and it's done.

I'll have to find some skirmish rules and have a barney soon. Pics will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment