Monday 25 May 2015

Journey Into Base


A Miracle! I manage to post the blog update on the same day I did the painting! I've been very bored today. As you can see below, I've put the static grass on the bases that had already been flocked, flocked the bases that had already been gritted etc.

My bases are the regulation 'Old School' green


I can also present a review of Army Painter's Battlegrounds Grass Green flock.

The flock is excellent stuff, but the box broke the third time I put the lid back on. I can give it a recommendation, but have a sturdy margarine tub handy to hold it in, or it will go all over your dressing gown.

These chaps still needs a few more details before I class them as done

Today's great achievement was painting the eyes of my horses. Nothing special, just white with black pupils, but it gives them a lot more character. I'm still not so sure about eyes on the humans, but there will no doubt be time for that eventually.

After the Triumph of my Carsenere Chimera, the Novarion phoenix (left) and D'Acier tower are a bit disappointing

In terms of exciting gaming news, Kings of War is going through a rules revision, where they're fixing the most obnoxious bugs, adding more units to Kingdoms of Men (the army for historical grognards like myself) and taking fan feedback. 

Not only this, but I was watching a chat with one of the developers and there was mention on a plot-driving global participation campaign like I used to take part in back in my Warhammer days, so hopefully I can assemble and paint 2000 pts worth of knights (in 11th and 13th centuary flavours for variety) and get repeatedly trounced. 

Both horses in exactly the same pose. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment