Sunday 31 May 2015

The 1200 pt. Challenge


Five months after assembly, I've finally got some models painted, based, and varnished. Plus I can at last post my Crusader Empire knights in full battledress. I can now announce my 1200 point challenge: Paint 1200 points of chaps for Kings of War by the time of their Autumn global campaign. As you know, it was going to be 2000, but I haven't got time. Stupid jobs.

You know what, the shields look pretty good now they're in use.

 I'm very pleased my ten year old citadel spray varnish is still in perfect working order. Fears that it would have transformed into a substance that eats plastic were alleviated by running a test batch prior to dousing each and every completed figure in the stuff.

Dramatic Knightly Action Pose!

The downside of dousing them, was that once they had been moved into the shed when rain threatened, I was forced to beat a hasty retreat to avoid be overpowered by fumes.

Alternate Dramatic Angle!

After these successful finished models, I realise that for the next few months, there are going to be a lot of very similar photos of Normans, so I'll just be posting finished group shots and focusing on other things, like reviews of all the models I've bought and more news on the tank.

My eight finished infantry posed for Impetvs. Let's be having you! 
A further update on the proposed global campaign thing. A quick look at my proposed 2000 pt army list has convinced me that there'e no way I'll paint 100 plus dudes by the Autumn, so I have a revised target of doing 40 infantry, 20 archers and 30 cavalry in assorted flavours. At present, the total stands at 15/90, or one sixth of the way there.

Yes, I do paint things other than Normans, I just forget sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment