Saturday 9 May 2015

Shields in all Shades


Today I went down to the shed after a quick breakfast, and the next thing I knew it was Lunchtime. Fifteen chaps now sport natty painted shields, and there's a few more not far from completion. 

"On the command 'Three', hoist the white flag!"


The bosses had to be undercoated back black before I painted them with metallic colours. I wouldn't have thought it was going to be an issue, but it does look awful if you neglect the step. There are quite a few models not pictured here because I've yet to paint the metal over the black.

Interesting fact: the Conga was invented in 11th Century Normandy.

The masking tape method, although not featured here yet, is 100% successful, for crosses and quatered shields. The tape doesn't keep all of the paint between the lines, but it does give a straight edge for you to touch up to. Should have a few examples for the next update.

Blackpool donkeys as they once were.

I am very much looking forward to giving Joey Spike a re-match with the lads better-painted. The Dice Gods smile on well-painted models, right?

Progress also on the Wargames Factory fellows.

In terms of 13th Century painting, the knights are dangerously close to finishing, I just need to do horses and devices. Dear Reader, I am itching to post pics, but must hold off until the finish.

Artist's impression of a unit based for Kings of War.

And Finally, Guillome A'droit has his heraldry in place. I'm rather proud, though I say so myself. 


... and it's Hi Ho Wolverhampton!


1 comment:

  1. I've seen that last chap trying to intimidate folk into the Molineux!

    ReplyDelete