Sunday 21 September 2014

In which the gloves come off

Finally covered all the lead minis with enough paint that I consider them safe to handle. A Grate boon to society. Now I just need to ask the council about what to do with the lead alloy swarf, Started painting the axe-carriers, the swathes of maile (how the hell do you spell that?) are a drybrush heaven.

Quite proud of Gambeson Dude, but Chainmail Charlies aren't as maile-y as I'd like.

Went to GW for paints as I was passing and didn't want to pay postage without reason. The chappy in the shop informed me that they now used washes rather than inks. According to him, the difference is that inks stain models, while washes just run into the crevices. Sounds rather forgiving, but a nice stain in the right place would be good. Watch this space for ill-advised ink purchases and spilling all over trousers.
In MY day these were scorched brown (left) and brown ink (right). Posers.
 Bowmen progress in dribs and drabs. Can't seem to replicate the wood effect, but at least the purple is final highlighting away from completion.
Highlighted model on left. No I can't tell the difference either. 
 In long term plans, I've decided to build a high middle ages army, which is probably the least catered for medieval option in terms of models. Still, I have found enough variety of mounted knights to put on a good show. will have to do a knight-review post at some stage. The Vassals of Duc Bertrand du Plastique are called to war!

Did I mention how much I like Gambeson Dude? A touch of highlights and ink and it'll be reet.

No comments:

Post a Comment