Sunday 14 September 2014

Let's do the time warp again

I realise that I haven't posted any pics of my progress with my two airfix models, so here are some close-to-completion shots for your viewing pleasure (not pleasure, suffering).

Top view with light coming from the wrong direction. New heads seem to be sticking on the Men-at-arms.

Spent most of yesterday evening wrestling with parts not quite lining up on the tank (I'm not sure I got it right on the finished model...) and realising my green stuff is probably out of date, causing my head swaps to fall off. Axe Dude now has PVA head attachment, Beardy-Sword has superglue. Will report which head falls of first.
Here we see the problem: pegs on top side don't line up with holes on bottom
 The aircraft carrier had all of the pegs sawn off, allowing me to glue the flight deck on perfectly. Light faded before I could affix the deck guns, so not 100% finished.
Last of the lead minis is sprayed. EPA breathes sigh of relief. 
 Finally undercoated the lead models, Plan to paint heraldry after football strips. Have run out of ideas after the Wolves.
Note plane 'taking off' to the right: I couldn't get the support rod to go in the hole and decided to make the most of it. 
 Desperately want to buy paint, bases and more models of internet, but have no money. Cheap plastics and ink will have to wait it seems.
Rear view of chieftain tank. This picture is profoundly unexciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment