Monday 8 September 2014

 Behold the Mighty Shed in all its' wooden glory. ON Saturday morning I had a vacant  few hours and got down to the vital business of assembling an army that looks vaguely 12th/13th century.

 Here are some Men at Arms from Wargame's Foundry. My solution to the lead problem is to use latex gloves when handling them. This is 100% effective until I file through the glove. The shields have holes in them, which I intend to cover with white paper and diluted PVA glue.
 12 Bretonian Bowmen that I have no idea how I came by, The miscellaneous marauders will be sprayed black and repainted when I undercoat the Men-at-Arms in order not to waste too much paint.
Two finished bowmen, which I'm rather proud of, Notice the historically-suspect purple clothes; I'm going for the knowingly anachronistic BBC robin hood approach here, as demonstrated by the excellent Dr Who episode this week,


Future Plans:

  • Add variety to lead models by adding a plastic Bretonian helm I had lying around, and passing the removed head onto another model.
  • Buying an unfeasable number of 20mm square bases
  • Brown ink for faces and dark brown paint to basecoat wood and leather.


No comments:

Post a Comment