Saturday 13 September 2014

"No safe threshold has been discovered"



Today's title comes from the wikipedia article on lead poisoning. Yay! It makes me glad all the sawing is over on my first attempts at a head swap, and that three out of eight Men-At-Arms have been sprayed black. Progress continues on the Bowmen.


Bowmen with shoes & trousers. My new paint set doesn't have a colour analogous to GW scorched brown :-(


Head swaps have been a mixed bag. Sadly, it seems Bretonian knights have massive, egotistical heads unsuitable for 12th century warriors. I was hoping to have an imposing looking foot-knight to act as captain for a regiment, but there you go. I'll replace the head with the spare I've got from the axe-weilding fellow with beard.

I only noticed the comically proportioned figure when I saw this picture.
Axeman 2 has taken to new anatomy rather well, looking mean, surly and everything you would expect of an armed thug. I should model a pub or football grounds for them to riot in.


More succesful conversion: Just need to file away th green stuff.
My plan to cover the holes in the shields provided have been much more successful. My initial plan was that over-sized covers could be folded round the sheilds. I was wrong, but it shouldn't be too hard to trim the excess. Next time I shall attempt to use smaller circles of paper, to cover the hole only, or actually get some scissors and trim the covers to shape rather than hacking with a stanley knife.


Paper Mache shield covers cover 100% of holes.

Purchase plans have been disrupted due to lack of funds. I'll have to wait until payday before my next installment of the 'plastic crack'. It's probably for the best. After all, what with the bowmen AND the men-at-arms needing doing, the last thing I want is more models around.

Next order will include more paint, 20mm bases, and probably some figures too, but the figures depend on what the suppliers of paint and bases have to offer.


First undercoated Men-At-Arms, also some marauders and assorted GW minis.

No comments:

Post a Comment